1 iphone 3g ကို Jailbreak လုပ္မယ္ on 3rd December 2009, 9:48 am
1. Please take a backup of your iPhone, refer to this post for more details.
2. Please ensure that you have upgraded iTunes to iTunes 8.0.2.
3. Please download QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for Windows from any of these links and unzip its contents in a folder:
4. Please download firmware 2.2.1 for iPhone 3G using this link.
You need to install .Net Framework runtimes and associated files (if
not already installed) for Quickpwn to work. You can download it from
If your iPhone 3G firmware Version is 2.2.1
(5H11) and Modem Firmware is 02.30.03 then you are ready to jailbreak
your iPhone 3G, you can skip directly to "Jailbreak iPhone 3G using
If you want to update your iPhone 3G to
firmware 2.2.1 then you can follow the steps mentioned below ("Update
your iPhone 3G to iPhone Firmware 2.2.1").
Update your iPhone 3G to iPhone Firmware 2.2.1
iPhone 3G Jailbreak အပိုင္း(၂)
1. Please note this method does NOT preserve the baseband, so by
updating to iPhone firmware 2.2.1 using this method will result in your
iPhone 3G's baseband will also get updated from 02.28.00 to 02.30.03.
Dev Team's software unlocking application yellowsn0w does NOT work with
baseband 02.30.03, it only works with baseband 02.28.00.
your iPhone 3G to your computer via USB cable and launch iTunes and select your iPhone.
3. Hold the SHIFT key
and click the “Restore” button. iTunes will launch a file dialog for
you to select the firmware file. Locate the
iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw file that you have downloaded in step
5 of the preparatory steps and click “Open”.
4. iTunes will then restore your iPhone with firmware 2.2.1 which takes sometime, please wait for the process to complete.
Once your iPhone 3G is updated to iPhone firmware 2.2.1, you are ready to use the QuickPwn tool to jailbreak it.
Jailbreak iPhone 3G using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2:
1. Launch QuickPwn from the unzipped folder to start jailbreaking your iPhone 3G.
2. Please ensure that your iPhone 3G is connected to your computer.
QuickPwn will automatically detect it and enable the blue arrow button,
click it to continue.
3. In the next screen, click browse and
select the iPhone firmware 2.2.1 that you had downloaded in step 5 of
the preparatory steps and click Open.
4. QuickPwn will check if the
firmware file selected is the same as the one installed on your iPhone
3G, if valid it will enable the blue arrow button, click it to continue.
5. In the next screen, you will be prompted to install Cydia, Installer
(both are preselected) and if you would like to Replace the Boot Logos.
Install both Cydia and Installer as you will need it to install Dev
team's unlock yellowsn0w application and also to install jailbreak apps.
6. QuickPwn will again prompt you to ensure that your iPhone 3G is
connected to your computer via USB, click the blue arrow button to
7. QuickPwn will now automatically put your iPhone into
recovery mode. Once its in recovery mode you will be prompted to: Hold
the Home button for 5 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10
seconds, then release the Power button and continuing holding the Home
button until your iPhone is in DFU mode.
8. Its important that you
follow the instructions carefully, if it does not work and get an error
message then try again, once your iPhone 3G is in DFU mode QuickPwn
will start the jailbreaking process.
9. QuickPwn will inform you as soon as the jailbreaking process is successfully completed.
10. After your iPhone 3G reboots, it will be jailbroken and will have
Cydia and Installer apps installed and visible on your iPhone's home
Credit to www.iphonehacks.com